07 November 2007
Jet-Lagging
I could sit here, probably for hours, and wax poetic about my trip back ‘home’, about how I really cannot pinpoint where that is on a map anymore, about how wonderful my family and friends are, and how nice it’s been to eat fresh seafood for a change. I could describe, in minute detail even, all of the wonderful action packed activities Monkey-1 and I participated in, how gloriously cheap Walmart still is and how lovely it is to just pick something off the rack and have it fit. I could possibly scratch the surface on how much better my soul feels, how I’m absolutely certain that raising my children here is the right thing, or try to find a reason, any reason, why so-called French bread bought in the US resembles nothing sold at a boulanger here. I could even describe the tearful goodbye at the train station, the nightmare of traveling through London on a foggy fall day, and the lightness I feel now that my family is intact once again. But I won’t.

See, it’s 4-something in the morning, and while you’re probably working your way through coffee many hours after I post this, I’m still working through jet lag, flying-related sinus issues, and all the amazement I have at how much Monkey-3 has changed.

But, as Christine so eloquently showed us on the way home from the crèche last night, where she sighed her brother’s name in the car and held his hand all the way back to the still-too-small abode, it’s very comfy here, all together, all safe, and all alive. And that’s really all I need.

 
posted by Doc at 04:50 | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 05:23, Anonymous Anonymous

    I was thinking about you today. I'm glad you're home safe, and that you has a good trip back "home."

     
  • At 05:25, Anonymous Anonymous

    Gah! HAD! Had a good trip back "home"!

     
  • At 08:22, Blogger Linda

    I think you found out where your true home is. I shop for clothes when I am back in the States too-much cheaper.

     
  • At 09:58, Blogger Ksam

    Dude! Don't tell me you're going all sappy on me! *S*

     
  • At 10:20, Blogger Antipodeesse

    Yee-hah! I LOVE her when she goes all sappy on us.

    Welcome back Darlin'!

     
  • At 15:52, Blogger Ronica

    So glad for you. For so many reasons. But mostly the new clothes. That always makes me feel good, too. :)

    Looking forward to new ramblings...

     
  • At 14:58, Blogger The Late Bloomer

    OOPS! I commented on the wrong post -- don't mind me! I just realized that the comment I posted on your blog this morning went on the one above, and not on this one -- hopefully you got what I was referring to!

     
  • At 20:04, Blogger PutYourFlareOn

    Hey you... welcome back. A trip to the US to refresh the senses is always a good thing. I hope you will share with us some of the fun things you guys did.

    Nice to read a sappy entry from you followed by a good sasssy one. :)

     
  • At 00:16, Blogger Epiphany

    aww you...makin' me all misty over here.

    Love you!